Factory Tours – Offering Self-Guided and Guided Tours (for 20+)
Looking for something fun and educational to do? Consider visiting Platter’s Chocolate Factory for a fun filled experience that will not disappoint!
We offer self-guided tours that include public viewing areas with looping videos that will guide you through our candy manufacturing process.
For groups of 20 or more, we are happy to offer guided tours where a Team Member will lead you to view the chocolate manufacturing process along with photos of the rich history of Platter’s Chocolate Factory and the iconic Wurlitzer Building. (Please contact us to schedule a tour for your group of 20 or more.)
Both tours are great, and you can expect to learn about the chocolate candy making process, the history of Platter’s Chocolate Factory, and the historic Wurlitzer Building. Some of the things you will find as you wander around our space include:
- Pouring Room – This is where we make our molded candies in orange chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, dark orange chocolate, and white chocolate.
- Kitchen - We cook our candies including caramels, jellies, creams, brittles, nuts, popcorn our famous sponge candy and so much more!
- Bakery - Where you can watch our bakers whip up our homemade pastries, muffins, homestyle cookies and you can even watch them as they beautifully decorate our shortbread cookies.
- Enrobing Line – This is where we run all the candies from the kitchen. The cooked candy is placed on an enrobing line and heads down the line to get covered in creamy chocolate.
- You can poke around the store and seating areas to see some fantastic pictures that showcase the Wurlitzer Building in its prime and even Mr. Platter himself in the basement of his house where it all started. There is also a great picture of Roger Urban who purchased Platter’s Chocolate Factory in 1973 and owned it until he passes away in 1992. His son, Joe is at the helm today and working with almost 100 team members (including family) to offer WNY’s Sweetest Destination.
After enjoying your self-guided tour, you can grab a coffee, bubble tea, or ice cream and relax in front of one of our fireplaces or on our outdoor patio. If you have any questions during your self-guided tour, we have a tremendous staff to help answer your questions.
Chocolate production runs year-round with seasonal production schedules.
Store & Café Hours
Monday – Friday: 7:00am – 9:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 9:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am – 9:00pm
*During the summer months we are open until 10:00pm.
Daily production hours are from mid-September through mid-April
Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 3:00pm
*Seasonal hours during summer months will vary. Please call us at 716-693-5391 for an up-to-date schedule.
Groups are welcome to visit our facility even when production is not actively running. We have public viewing areas with looping video that describes what you are seeing behind glass.